Berkshire Healthcare’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
See video messages from executive leadership to all Berkshire Healthcare Employees:
Message from President, Bill Jones
Message from VP of Quality Management, Jill Landis, RN
Berkshire Healthcare has been monitoring the evolving worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and preparing for the safety and well-being of our residents, staff, and visitors at all our affiliates Massachusetts. We have implemented protocols and precautionary measures based upon the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our team continues to closely monitor our affiliates for any signs of the virus and we are providing ongoing education and resources.
- We are actively reviewing updates from the CDC and local public health authorities
- We are reinforcing infection control processes and emergency preparedness plans already in effect
- We are regularly monitoring the health of our residents and staff
- We are encouraging and supporting our staff to remain home when sick
- We have limited or cancelled large group activities as appropriate
- We are maintaining regular communication with residents, families, and staff
We have created this webpage in order to help families and others stay up to date on our precautions and safety measures. We will continue to update and monitor this page on a regular basis.
The risks of COVID-19 are greatly reduced when common-sense measures are consistently taken to limit contact and when we take the appropriate measures to manage universal infection control practices—on which all our staff throughout our Berkshire Healthcare communities are routinely educated and trained on.
For additional information and the latest COVID-19 updates, we encourage you to visit the CDC Website.